Ubisoft has publicly responded to a leaked Assassin’s Creed Invictus screenshot after it began circulating online. The image was shared by known Assassin’s Creed leaker xj0nathan, but Ubisoft said it had been heavily altered, likely with AI tools.
The official Assassin’s Creed account said the image may have started from a private test, but warned that the altered version was spreading misinformation. Ubisoft also said it will share more about the project when the time is right.
The leak raised more questions about Invictus
Assassin’s Creed Invictus is rumored to be Ubisoft’s multiplayer spin off, with earlier reports describing it as a Fall Guys inspired project. It is said to feature iconic Assassin’s Creed characters competing across rounds in arena style matches.
The leaked screenshot appeared to show that kind of setup, but Ubisoft’s response makes it difficult to treat the image as reliable. xj0nathan later said he only changed colors to remove a watermark and improve the image, then shared what he claimed was the original screenshot. According to the report, the two images looked very similar.
| Topic | Current status |
|---|---|
| Assassin’s Creed Invictus | Rumored multiplayer spin off |
| Leaked image | Claimed to come from a private playtest |
| Ubisoft response | Says the image was heavily altered |
| Leaker response | Says only colors were changed |
| Official reveal | Not announced yet |

The situation is unusual because xj0nathan has a strong track record with Assassin’s Creed leaks. That does not make every new claim correct, but it explains why the screenshot spread so quickly.

The report also says a recent Invictus playtest allegedly happened on April 30 and received poor feedback. The game may still be targeting 2026, but there are rumors that it could be delayed again or even canceled. That part remains unconfirmed.
Invictus is reportedly being developed at Ubisoft Montreal by developers with For Honor experience. That would make sense for a competitive multiplayer Assassin’s Creed project, since For Honor is built around PvP combat and close range duels.
For now, the safest takeaway is simple. Assassin’s Creed Invictus appears to still exist, but the leaked screenshot should not be treated as a clean look at the game. Ubisoft has directly challenged it, and the project still needs an official reveal before players can judge what it really is.



Discussion (0)
Be the first to comment.