Take Two has confirmed that GTA 6 is still scheduled to launch on November 19, easing concerns that Rockstar’s next major release could face another delay. The confirmation came during Take Two Interactive’s Q4 2026 earnings report, where many players were watching closely for any sign of a third delay. For now, the date remains unchanged.
The company also said marketing is still expected to begin this summer, though Take Two CEO Strauss Zelnick did not share extra details. He repeated that future information will come directly from Rockstar Games, which is standard for the company’s biggest releases.
Take Two still has not announced GTA 6 for PC, but Zelnick says major titles usually reach all platforms over time
GTA 6 has only been announced for consoles so far, and Zelnick stayed careful when asked directly about a PC version. He said the PC market is strong and growing for console style games, and that Take Two’s hit titles usually come to all platforms over time. However, he also stressed that Rockstar has only announced GTA 6 for console at this stage.
That means the PC version remains a question of timing rather than a confirmed launch plan. Rockstar has followed delayed PC release windows before. GTA IV came to PC about eight months after its console launch, while GTA V took around 19 months to reach PC. The report notes earlier speculation from Corsair Gaming CEO Andrew Paul, who had once suggested a shorter gap for GTA 6 before later walking that back as speculation.
| Topic | Current status |
|---|---|
| GTA 6 release date | November 19 |
| Platforms confirmed | Console only for now |
| PC version | Not announced |
| Marketing start | Planned for summer |
| GTA V sales | Nearly 230 million units |
| Red Dead Redemption 2 sales | 85 million units |
| GTA Online | Will remain available after GTA 6 |
Take Two’s earnings were also strong enough to beat analyst expectations. GTA V remains one of the most successful games ever, with lifetime sales now close to 230 million units. Red Dead Redemption 2 has reached 85 million units, making it one of the best selling games in history. GTA Online bookings also grew 5 percent during the quarter, showing that Rockstar’s older live service business is still active before GTA 6 arrives.

Zelnick also confirmed that GTA Online will stay in the market after GTA 6 launches. He said it is hard to predict exactly how GTA Online will perform once the new game arrives, but Take Two believes many players still love the current title. That suggests Rockstar is not planning to shut down the existing online experience immediately just because GTA 6 is coming.
The company is now preparing for FY2027 to be a major year. Take Two expects record net bookings between $8.0 billion and $8.2 billion, with GAAP net revenue between $7.9 billion and $8.1 billion. GTA 6 is the main reason for that forecast, but the company also has a wider slate planned through fiscal 2029.
Take Two says it has 29 titles planned through fiscal 2029. That includes sports games, new IP, sequels, remakes, remasters, and platform extensions. Still, GTA 6 is clearly the centerpiece. If Rockstar holds the November 19 date, it will likely become the biggest release of the year and one of the most important launches in Take Two’s history.



Discussion (0)
Be the first to comment.