7 Tutorials has become Digital Citizen: Here's what to expect!
Today is a huge day for us: 7tutorials.com has transformed into digitalcitizen.life. Don't get scared, we have not sold our website to others and we did not change our team. It's still us, writing in the same style you have enjoyed so far. We wanted a new, fresh identity that's more suitable for our long-term ambitions. Here's why we chose to rename ourselves Digital Citizen and what to expect from us in the future:
Why Digital Citizen?
As we grew, we became less happy with our name: 7 Tutorials. When we started, back in 2009, it was a good choice because our website was filled with Windows 7 tutorials and it was launched in the month when Windows 7 was launched.
7 Tutorials was a suitable name for the next couple of years but, as Windows 8 was made available and we extended our content into new areas, it was clearer that, long-term, 7 Tutorials was not a good brand for us and our ambitions.
We have spent the last couple of months working on this rebranding and redesign project and we chose Digital Citizen as our brand name for the following reasons:
- Our audience is no longer made only of people who use Windows. Our readers use an increasing variety of devices and operating systems and this is apparent in our traffic numbers and statistics.
- In terms of content, we are no longer only about Windows and Microsoft but about your digital life, as a whole. We still have to develop content in new directions than what you have been used to but that will come in the next months.
- People who use information technology are digital citizens, even if they are not aware of it.
- Everyone tries to tame technology so that they can be more productive and effective in their work, so that they can communicate better and faster with others, so that they have fun.
- Our aim is to help all digital citizens achieve their goals when using technology. We are here to make sure that you are productive, that you have fun and that you have a secure and healthy digital experience.
What to expect from Digital Citizen
You will see new exciting articles from us and we will slowly develop new series of content that will take us into completely new directions.
Our new slogan "Life in a digital world" recognizes how much technology surrounds every aspect of our life and how difficult it is at times to make sense of it.
We have already started writing about Android. In the past we have also covered Xbox One and how to use wearables and apps to maintain or improve your health. These are all areas in which we want to invest in the future.
We are also no longer only about tutorials. We have invested a lot into product reviews and we will continue to do so. We also have the Tech Lolz series, which takes a tongue in cheek approach about technology and how people use it.
We will continue to experiment and develop news series of content that add a lot more besides "tutorials about Windows".
What do we want from you?
We want you to keep reading us and provide us with feedback. If there's something that annoys you, let us know. If there's content you would like us to write, let us know. If you have any questions, let us know.
Getting in contact with us is easy: leave a comment at the end of this article, or just use our Contact form.
Also, don't forget to bookmark our new website and delete the old. From now on, you will find us at: www.digitalcitizen.life.