Earlier this year I published a book that represented a first for me: a book for an international certification in digital literacy. To be more specific, I wrote the book for the IC3 Global Standard 4 Certification, which aims to help people take all their exams when they apply for this certification. If you would like to learn more about the certification, as well as the book itself, don't hesitate to read this article:
The IC3 Global Standard 4 Certification
The IC3 training and certification is a global program designed to certify an individual's digital literacy skills associated with basic computer and Internet use. It enjoys worldwide recognition as the global standard for digital literacy. For both the student and the job-seeker, IC3 provides the foundation of knowledge needed for success, and it is a well-respected and internationally recognized credential that reflects the most relevant computing skills needed in today's academic and business environments.
The book I've written was designed for the latest version of IC3: Global Standard 4, which includes brand new content that addresses concepts like social media, cloud computing, searching the web, privacy, safety and so on.
The IC3 Global Standard 4 Certification is comprised of three individual examinations:
- Computing fundamentals - this examination covers a solid basic understanding of computer hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals, and troubleshooting to help you get the most value and effectiveness from computer technology.
- Key applications - covers popular word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications and the common features of all applications to help you learn faster, work smarter, and present yourself better. In the book, I covered Microsoft Office 2010 applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Living online - covers skills for working in an Internet or networked environment and maximizing your communication, education, collaboration, and social interaction in a safe and ethical way. In the book, I covered subjects like: how to browse the web, computer networks, how to communicate online with others, how to maintain your health while using computers and how to behave like a responsible digital citizen.
Individuals seeking IC3 certification are required to take and pass all three IC3 exams: Computing fundamentals, Key applications, and Living online. The exams are based on Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 and my book covers both products. This book is intended for individuals who want to earn their IC3 GS4 certification.
The IC3: Internet and Computing Core Certification Global Standard 4 Study Guide
The purpose of this book is to help you prepare for the certification exams and covers all the areas mentioned earlier. It contains all the information you need to pass the required exams. It also includes sample exam questions, plus notes and warnings I've included to help reduce issues you may be experiencing in your own environment.
The book is offered in two variants: a large "IC3: Internet and Computing Core Certification Global Standard 4 Study Guide" , that's 648 pages long and includes everything you need for passing all three examinations, and smaller, individual books, one for each examination:
- IC3: Internet and Computing Core Certification Computing Fundamentals Study Guide
- IC3: Internet and Computing Core Certification Key Applications Global Standard 4 Study Guide
- IC3: Internet and Computing Core Certification Living Online Study Guide
The smaller books are between 190 and 300 pages each.
Where to buy the book(s)?
If you are interested in taking the IC3 Global Standard 4 Certification exams, I recommend that you purchase the larger book, as it is a better deal. You can find it on Amazon.com, in both Kindle and paperback formats.
If you purchase any of these books and you have some feedback for me, don't hesitate to share it below, using the comments form available on the website. Thank you!