We did it! We finished the work on our second book! You can’t imagine how happy we are to share this: Windows 8 Step by Step – the best Windows 8 book ever – is now available in many markets, for all our readers and fans to purchase and enjoy. To learn more about it and the best place to purchase it, read this article.
Windows 8 Step by Step = One Year of Work
Windows 8 Step by Step was a lengthy project in which many were involved, including myself and Marte Brengle, from our team. I wrote the book together with Joli Ballew – author, Microsoft MVP, and Windows expert. Boy, it was an awesome adventure. 😀
What You Can Find In Windows 8 Step by Step
The book is for people who want to learn Windows 8 in a practical manner, with step by step exercises and without the usual computer jargon. We wrote it to be friendly and easy to understand.
In approximately 780 pages, you get extensive coverage on topics such as:
- Understanding the new Start screen.
- Finding your way through the Windows 8 interface and all its novelties.
- Using the most important Windows 8 apps.
- Using the Windows Store.
- Gaming and connecting Windows 8 to your Xbox.
- Synchronizing your files and settings with SkyDrive.
- Managing your child’s computing activities with Family Safety.
- Securing Windows 8.
- Networking and sharing files, folders, and devices from Windows 8
- Troubleshooting common Windows 8 problems
The book covers all these topics and more, with complete screenshots to guide you. We have taken things even further than we managed with our first book, Network Your Computers & Devices Step by Step. At least in terms of quality and writing.