Simple questions: What is Microsoft 365?
In 2017, Microsoft started to offer a new line of subscriptions services, called Microsoft 365. The company offers different plans tailored to businesses of all sizes, as well as schools. The Microsoft 365 subscriptions include Windows 10, Office 365, devices security and management solutions, and other various apps and services. If you are curious to find out more about Microsoft 365, what it is and what it has to offer, read on:
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a new way in which a business can benefit from Microsoft's software platforms. Although many people think that Microsoft 365 is a complicated thing, it really is not. Microsoft 365 is a solution that includes Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security, offered to businesses and education organizations. It is not for home users.
What types of Microsoft 365 plans are there?
Right now, Microsoft 365 is available in three different plans:
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise: created for large organizations. It integrates Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
- Microsoft 365 Business: designed for small and midsize businesses that have up to 300 users. Includes Office 365 Business Premium, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
- Microsoft 365 Education: created for faculties, high-schools, and other educational organizations. It includes Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
What does Microsoft 365 Business offer?
Microsoft 365 Business is designed for companies that have fewer than 300 employees and costs 20 USD per user per month. It includes:
- PC upgrades to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Pro
- Office apps installed on computers, tablets, smartphones
- Full access to the web versions of Office apps
- 1 TB of file storage and sharing in the OneDrive cloud
- 50 GB email, calendar, and contacts
- Microsoft Teams chat workspace
- HD video conferencing
- Business apps such as Outlook Customer Manager, Bookings, Invoicing, MileIQ
- Security and device management (iOS, Android, Windows, macOS)
You can read more about everything offered, here: Microsoft 365 Business.
What does Microsoft 365 Enterprise offer?
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is for large companies with over 300 users. The price per user is not specified on Microsoft's websites, and that means that you have to contact Microsoft's sales department to negotiate your own price. This plan includes everything in Microsoft 365 Business but adds a series of apps and services useful to large companies, such as Identity and access management (Azure Active Directory Premium P1), Microsoft Intune, SharePoint, Yammer, PowerApps, Flow, Microsoft StaffHub, Device Guard.
What does Microsoft 365 Education offer?
Microsoft 365 Education is designed for schools and students, and there are three different plans available: Microsoft 365 A1, Microsoft 365 A3, and Microsoft 365 A5. All of them include access to Office Online, but only the A3 and A5 offer the full Office client applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. They also offer email and calendar, instant messenger, Yammer, Microsoft Teams, OneNote, and other classroom tools. There are many more details available on this webpage: Microsoft 365 Education.
Is your company or school interested by Microsoft 365?
As you can see, Microsoft tries to offer a line of subscription services that includes everything a company or a school might need: operating systems, Office apps, security, and centralized management. Do you think that your company or school would be interested in such a subscription?